Today is THE day. The day for RENT.
Yes, I am a RentHead. Proud of it.
Rachel and I went to RENT last year as well, in Tulsa. I'm hoping this can be a yearly tradition. I can just see us in our 70's, our grandkids shaking their heads at these two old fuddy-duddy's as we head off to RENT belting La Vie Boheme at the top of our lungs. Now that's livin'!
I'll leave you with some of my favorite bits of RENT wisdom.
* There is no future. There is no past. I live this moment as my last. There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today.
* Life's too short, babe. Time is flying. I'm looking for baggage that goes with mine.
* Viva, la vie, Boheme!
* Look I find some of what you teach suspect, because I'm used to relying on intellect, but I try to open up to what I don't know. Because reason says I should have died 3 years ago. No other road, no other way, no day but today.
* Love heals when pain's too much to bear, when you reach out your hand and only wind is there, when life's unfair when things like us are not to be. Love heals when you feel so small like a grain of sand, like nothing at all.
* Find glory in a song that rings true, truth like a blazing fire, an eternal flame. Find, one song, a song about love, Glory, from the soul of a young man, a young man. Find the one song, before the virus takes hold, Glory, like a sunset. One song, to redeem this empty life.
* Take me for what I am, who I was meant to be. And if you give a damn, take be baby or leave me.
* 525,600 minutes, How do you measure, measure a year? In daylights, in sunsets, In midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife, in 525,600 minutes, how do you measure, a year in the life? How about love? .... In truths that she learned, or in times that he cried, in bridges he burned, or the way that she died. Its time now, to sing out, though the story never ends. Lets celebrate, remember a year in the life of friends! Remember the love!
* Rent, rent, rent, rent, rent! We're not gonna pay rent! 'Cause everything is rent!